3e2 forum lah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal

5 posters

Go down

Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal Empty Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Sat May 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Any announcements will be posted here so do come back usually to get the lastest buzz.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

updates:

Title: Overseas Travel Advisory (Update) for Staff & StudentsDear Staff & Students,

In lieu of the current development on the H1N1 situation, all staff & students are encouraged to check the School Portal (LMS) regularly for the latest updates on affected countries by MOH (http://www.crisis.gov.sg/flu/). MOH advises the public to avoid non-essential travel to affected areas.

Please note that if you have travelled to the affected country, you are to observe the following:

do not participate in any school activity,stay at home andmonitor your well being.
If you are unwell with flu like symptoms, please be advised to call the dedicated ambulance to take you to TTSH.

Regards
Lena Seet
Vice-Principal
Hai Sing Catholic School

from MOH:

SINGAPORE: Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan has said schools will re-open and the Asian Youth Games and National Day celebrations will carry on.

But recently-returned students who have travelled to affected countries will stay at home for one week before joining their classmates when schools re-open on Monday.

The Ministry of Education (MOE) will provide more details soon, added Mr Khaw.

The health minister was speaking at a news conference on Monday to give an update on the latest developments on the Influenza A(H1N1)situation.

Mr Khaw said that overall, life must continue as normally as possible with targeted control measures.

One of them would be to close a school when a significant cluster is found so as to break the transmission or to isolate a competing team from other athletes as was done with the Filipino and the Hong Kong football players.

Mr Khaw also revealed that the scientific committee, chaired by the Director of Medical Services, is effectively evaluating the characteristics and the genome of the virus.

The committee has determined that the H1N1 virus in Singapore remains identical with that in North America.

Hence, the consensus view was that the virus remains moderate-risk and Singaporeans need not panic over the development that there is now community spread in the country.

Mr Khaw is confident that almost all infected cases will be able to recover fully and that Tamiflu and Relenza remain effective against the disease.

He, however, added: "But I thought I should explain that moderate risk does not mean no death. Just like the seasonal flu, there will be some deaths. That's why we need to target the high-risk patients, especially those with underlying medical conditions and to render the best chance of a full recovery. And that is why we need to allow our hospitals to be able to focus on the high-risk cases and not be distracted or overwhelmed by hundreds of mild cases."

Among those in the high risk include pregnant mothers, people with asthma, those on kidney dialysis or on chemotherapy.

The Health Ministry intends to advise these groups of patients with direct mailers of what they can do to protect themselves.

On its part, the Health Ministry is also gearing up all its polyclinics and a few hundred general practitioners to treat suspected H1N1 cases in Singapore.

Giving details of measures to tackle a wider community spread of the influenza, Mr Khaw explained that these will be called Pandemic Preparedness Clinics or PPCs and they can be recognised by their decal to handle walk-in suspect cases.

These clinics will only refer some categories of high-risk suspect patients to public hospitals.

Mr Khaw said the Health Ministry would publicise to Singaporeans where these clinics are so they know where to seek advice.

He explained: "When the local bio-surveillance data confirms significant community spread and we need to move from containment to full mitigation, we will signal to the public to use these PPCs instead of going to the hospitals if their flu conditions are mild. And this may happen over the next few days."

The Health Minister also revealed that the government would secure adequate supplies of the H1N1 vaccine for the population.

Besides the existing supply contract with the vaccine manufacturer, Mr Khaw said the ministry is also in active negotiations with other vaccine manufacturers. The aim is to diversify the supply of H1N1 vaccines.

Concluding, Mr Khaw said that last week has been eventful in the development of the outbreak in Singapore and the ministry expects this development.

That's because June would be challenging, given the large number of travellers returning from their holidays.

But the seven-week head start in battling the virus has been extremely useful, Mr Khaw said, to allow the government to gear up its system for the community spread phase of the outbreak.

His advice to Singaporeans: just carry on with your lives normally but keep up the high standard of personal hygiene.

- CNA/ir

Last edited by MutteredNews.blogspot.com on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 6 times in total
MutteredNews.blogspot.com
Admin

https://me2hello.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal Empty Re: Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Sat May 16, 2009 10:35 pm

Latest updates

1) There is school on Monday! But will there be PE??

2) Exam results

3) So what are we going to do for Mrs Lee farewell gift?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal Empty Re: Announcements- HIN1 UPDATES.- wdh school reopen as per normal

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 pm

BUMPSS!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Thu May 21, 2009 12:17 am

Yay!! Gengyi not in give me more chance to win. lol.
Yang
Yang

http://awakenedtears.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Thu May 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Yang wrote:Yay!! Gengyi not in give me more chance to win. lol.

Muahahha! Most likely will be either you or adam Mad
Unless others participate Very Happy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Thu May 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Nobody come to this forum o.O I mean minority
Yang
Yang

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 pm

only can see the three of us talking. The others are like "ooo let's register. * then walks away*"
LOL
Adam
Adam

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Sat May 23, 2009 11:40 am

Couldn't agree more. CMON 3e2 make this forum ALIVEEEE! And Gengyi i suggest making a thread on rules and regulations.
Yang
Yang

Back to top Go down

Post  drtrifle Wed May 27, 2009 6:12 pm

now u have me who participate in this too lol!
drtrifle
drtrifle

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild_Arms53214 Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 pm

oh dear,the competition's ending soon.....
Wild_Arms53214
Wild_Arms53214

Back to top Go down

Post  drtrifle Wed May 27, 2009 6:50 pm

awwwww so sad and i did not even get more than 20 posts
drtrifle
drtrifle

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Wild_Arms53214 wrote:oh dear,the competition's ending soon.....
Y must be worried?. You are sure to win. haha Geng Yi opted out from the competition.
Adam
Adam

Back to top Go down

Post  drtrifle Thu May 28, 2009 11:35 pm

ahh the things i would do for $2 lol!
drtrifle
drtrifle

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:49 pm

xianwen's too good in this i swear to god D:<
Yang
Yang

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild_Arms53214 Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:55 pm

Sorry but this is the first time that I have ever post a forum so I dont know I can be so good
Smile Smile
Wild_Arms53214
Wild_Arms53214

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:56 pm

ITS DUE TO THE GODDAMN 3 WORD THREAD THAT I LOST. *STRANGLES GENGYI* LOL
Yang
Yang

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild_Arms53214 Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Nope its because of my quick thinking and determination Very Happy
Wild_Arms53214
Wild_Arms53214

Back to top Go down

Post  drtrifle Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:51 pm

zzzzzz is there a prize 4 the lowest reputation?
drtrifle
drtrifle

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 am

there is, a straight ban for u. LAW534587: "Posting of irrelevant posts and retarded remarks and acting stupid and being an ass......"
Yang
Yang

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild_Arms53214 Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 am

Kean Wai, may I know why did u give this website to pupil outside 3E2?(qwerty)
Wild_Arms53214
Wild_Arms53214

Back to top Go down

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:25 pm

h1n1 is on high alert, but seems like the death rate is lowwww ( touch wood Razz )

so yeah, do take care ^^
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum