3e2 forum lah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers

5 posters

Go down

english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers Empty english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers

Post  drtrifle Thu May 28, 2009 11:59 pm

i have the ten year series so post what question your dont know so i will post back the modal answers.
p.s. dont be stupid and copy off evrything word 4 word or i will get into huge trouble. so keep those questions coming in lol!
drtrifle
drtrifle

Back to top Go down

english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers Empty Re: english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Fri May 29, 2009 5:17 pm

okay. thanks for this English " Support " ;D
MutteredNews.blogspot.com
Admin

https://me2hello.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers Empty Re: english comprehension for holiday nov 1994 answers

Post  drtrifle Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 pm

question 1:certain years were known as thistle years as there were the years in which the giant thistles,in its season grew so densly,everywhere,covering most of the plains an growing taller than their usual height
drtrifle
drtrifle

Back to top Go down

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:58 pm

hey, I have some problems on 6.c) In your own words explain what the author means when he says that the thistles are 'like the bones of countless perished foes'.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks!!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yang Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:43 am

post only 1 answer make 1 posT? -.- feel like giving u a big ban.
Yang
Yang

http://awakenedtears.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 am

... I have waited for DAYS and still no reply. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild_Arms53214 Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am

I think this post is not neccessary as the deadline of submission is tmw....
Wild_Arms53214
Wild_Arms53214

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:06 pm

sry ppl i forgot 2 post 4 kean wai as he gave the answers 2 me about 1 week ago heh heh

Last edited by qwerty on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 pm

so any way i m going to post everything in 1 shot.btw it is in order from question 2 to 4 and so on.

in an ordinary year,the plain appeared as vast streaches of land that could be seen 4 miles and miles ahead, and giant thistles apppeared only in isolated patches.

the author uses the word almost here as no one could so easily imagine hearing the sounds that a giant thistle would make as it grows. however, one does not actually literally hear the thistles grow.

the leaveswere cramped as they were each huge in size,and with the stem in close proximity to each other the leaves were squeezed

qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:23 pm

now 5 to 7 o ya i m not from 3e2 kean wai gave me the website so i could type 4 him

this comparison tells us that the gauncho enjoys travelling whereever he pleases on his horse and this freedom is similar to that of a wild bird in the sense that a bird flies anywhere it wants

the gauncho house felt like a prison during the thistle years as the giant thstles that grew densly and abundantly around his low roofed house thus blocking all views of the outside world and leaving his house isolated in the midst of the dense thistles

the gauncho was compelled to keep to the tracks as all the other land was covered in giant thistles nd the gauncho had to ensure he did not get pricked

qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:34 pm

this is not the number of the question but the order ok? now 8 to 12

fires were espicially likely to occur in december and january during a thistle year as those are the hottest months of the year and th thistles are dead and dry and thus are highly suscepible to flames

the author used the word fly to indicate the quick speed with which the rider and his horse raced to the danger spot

the author first went to a differnet fire as it was closer to his homeand it was closer to where he was

the fire fighters dispair was due to the fact that they spent so much time and effort in wiping out one spot but yet, before they could stamp it out, the fire spread somewhere else

qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  qwerty Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 pm

now 13 to 16

it was because the strng winds would flatten the dead and dry thistles that would otherwise be a source of dangerous fire

the author says that he only the ghost of a thrill as the events happened a long time ago yet recalling it brings bach memoris of the trill he felt

he means the the remains of the thistles now lie on the ground like crushed enemies defeated and no longer able to cause harm

the author felt revenge as his horse cushed the thistles as the thistles had previously grown so thick and dead and dry they were fire hazards and he felt a sense of satisfaction and revenge as he crushed the thistles

qwerty

Back to top Go down

Post  MutteredNews.blogspot.com Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:47 pm

i should have visited the forum way earlier. It should have been updated since the beginning. gosh, but thanks for the effort anw ^^
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum